The Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship was established by the Kaduna State Government with the aim of building a network of high-potential individuals who are expected to become leaders in the public sector and other fields in the next 10 years. The program, named after Sir Kashim Ibrahim, a former Governor and Minister, runs annually, and is meant for young Nigerians between the ages of 25 to 35. The Fellowship is designed to enhance the leadership skills of Nigerians, foster a strong understanding of good governance and encourage them to actively participate in public service. The ultimate aim of the non-partisan Program, as stated by Governor Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai, is to “develop the next generation of leaders who will have a firsthand understanding of how the Nigerian public sector operates and its challenges”
COMPONENTS OF THE FELLOWSHIP
The Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship is divided into four parts:
- Work Placement: Fellows will spend a year working full-time with senior government officials in the Kaduna State Government, including Cabinet members and top-ranking officials in state agencies.
- Education Program: The education program is a mandatory aspect of the fellowship and is designed to complement the work placement. The program includes local government area tours, meetings with speakers, domestic and international trips, workshops, and seminars. The program focuses on personal development, self-reflection, and the Nigerian context of leadership, with a particular emphasis on the values and ethics of leadership.
- Community Service: Fellows are required to participate in community service projects throughout their year in the Kaduna Metropolis. These projects may include assisting the urban poor, volunteering as teachers, mentoring students, or participating in clean-up efforts in local communities.
- Fellowship: The final component of the program is the opportunity for fellows to form lasting friendships and collaborative ventures. Alumni will meet yearly in Kaduna to welcome new fellows into the network of professionals and leaders in the state and nation. In return for the privilege of participating in the fellowship, fellows are expected to apply what they have learned by becoming leaders in their respective communities, professions, and in public service. They are also expected to contribute to the development of Kaduna State and Nigeria.
To be considered for the 2023/2024 Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship, applicants must have;
- Demonstrated public interest orientation
- Representation of diverse gender, ethnic, and religious backgrounds with varied educational qualifications
- Established a record of self-discipline, punctuality, dedication, respect, hard work, confidentiality, and integrity
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and making a difference at the state and national level
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking
- Ability to work efficiently as part of a team
- Commitment to full participation in a rigorous program of activities and full-time residence in the Fellows Lodge in Kaduna for the entire duration of the fellowship
- Nigerian citizenship, between 25 to 35 years of age
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Graduation from an undergraduate or graduate degree program from a recognized university and completion of the National Youth Service Corp program with relevant certification
- A real commitment to put new leadership skills into use to benefit community, state and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the Fellowship.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents;
- A Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 3 pages)
- An Essay on the topic “Mass Migration of Nigerians: Addressing the Japa Syndrome” (minimum of 800 words and maximum of 1000 words)
- A Personal Statement that states what the applicant have achieved and hope to achieve in terms of leadership and public service.
- NYSC and School Certificates.
Note; the recommended font style, font size, and line spacing for the essay and personal statement are Century Gothic Normal, 12 and 1.5 respectively. Applicants are also expected to use well defined paragraphs for ease of review.
This Post Has One Comment
Good dɑy very cool web site!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing ..
I will bookmaгk y᧐ur web site and take thе feeɗs additionaⅼly?
I am satisfied to seek out numerous helpful information right here in the post, we want work оut
more ѕtrategiеs in this regard, thanks for sһaring. . .
. . .