Application for the 2023 TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program is now open for an undergraduate or Postgraduate degree.
Deadline: March 15, 2023
Category: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies
Benefits: Airfare (round-trip),
housing, tuition, credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a
The TaiwanICDF is an organization that provides education and training programs to assist developing countries in achieving sustainable development, particularly in the area of human resources development. It offers scholarships for higher education and has established undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs in collaboration with Taiwanese universities. The TaiwanICDF has also formed the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with 22 partner universities to oversee and enhance its scholarship program. The International Higher Education Scholarship Program was initiated in 1998 and offers full financial support for tuition and living expenses for 36 courses from 22 universities. These courses, which include 9 bachelor’s, 24 master’s, and 3 PhD programs, focus on development needs in partner countries and aim to boost social development and economic growth through the development of quality human resources. Each year, the program provides scholarships to around 200 new students, and all programs are taught in English.
Eligible Partner Countries
General Eligibility Criteria for TaiwanICDF Scholarship
To apply for a TaiwanICDF scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarships and meet any specific requirements set by your country and/or government.
- Not be a national of Taiwan or an overseas compatriot student.
- Meet the admission requirements for the university you have applied to study at under the TaiwanICDF scholarship.
- Be able to obtain a Resident Visa (Code: FS) from the Bureau of Consular Affairs and an Alien Resident Certificate from the Ministry of the Interior of the Taiwan government. If you are unable to meet the visa requirements, the TaiwanICDF may revoke the scholarship offer.
- Not hold any other Taiwan government-sponsored scholarship in the same academic year as the TaiwanICDF scholarship.
- Not have previously received a TaiwanICDF scholarship, MOFA Taiwan Scholarship, or MOE scholarship unless you graduated before July 31, 2022.
- Not have had any scholarship revoked by a Taiwan government agency or institution, or been expelled from a Taiwanese university.
Benefits of the Scholarship
The TaiwanICDF scholarship includes the following benefits:
- Airfare: The TaiwanICDF will arrange for your round-trip flights to and from Taiwan in economy class.
- Housing: All students must stay in student dormitories.
- Tuition: The TaiwanICDF will cover the tuition fees required by your university.
- Credit fees: Credit fees, which vary based on the number of credits you register for, will also be covered by the TaiwanICDF as required by your university.
- Insurance: In addition to mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, the TaiwanICDF will cover insurance fees for accidental and necessary medical coverage for the duration of the program.
- Book costs: The director of your institute must approve the purchase of required textbooks.
- Undergraduates: You will receive a monthly allowance of NT$12,000 for food and miscellaneous living expenses, deposited into your local bank account.
- Masters students: You will receive a monthly allowance of NT$15,000 for food and miscellaneous living expenses, deposited into your local bank account.
- Ph.D. students: You will receive a monthly allowance of NT$17,000 for food and miscellaneous living expenses, deposited into your local bank account.
How to Apply for the TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program
To apply for the TaiwanICDF scholarship, you must complete an online application between January 1 and March 15, 2023. To do this, go to the TaiwanICDF Scholarship Online Application System and fill out the application form. Keep in mind that you can only apply for one program at a time, and you will also need to submit a separate application to the university of your choice.